I have published the first beta version of a Pharo Smalltalk interface to Basho’s key-value database “Riak”. The interface uses the REST API of Riak.
The current version (0.2) supports:
- Storing an object (JSON / text / blobs) at a key (PUT operation)
- Getting object at a key (GET operation)
- Deleting a key
- List all buckets
- List all keys in a bucket
Here are the planned features that will be added:
- Avoid the need to specify data type on put operation
- Error handling
- Class that represents a key
- Handling of “sibling” objects
- Get meta-information about database
- Map-Reduce support
- Streaming support
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfEpigentRiakInterface) project version: '0.2') load.
To run tests, set up a Riak database at a host named riaktest and execute tests in class EpigentRiakRestConnectionTest.